What is kannada-twitter?
This is a Kannada interface for Twitter’s API. It enables the users to use use Twitter in Kannada language. All menus, links, instructions and error messages in this application are in Kannada language.
- It is an open source project. So you can use, modify and spread this with your friends at free of cost.
- Written in php
- Works on OAuth. So no need to disclose your twitter password.
- If MySQL user is enabled, then you can choose a password for kannada-twitter. So you can use this app where twitter is blocked
- Image uploading is supported via Twitpic.
- As this application is in Unicode, it can be used in most of the computers as well as in the mobile phones which supports Unicode.
- Kannada-twitter has been designed to work on Apache, with PHP 5.2+ (because it uses the json_decode() function).
- A great package for running a test server on a Windows box is XAMPP (or XAMPP Lite)
- You need to copy all the files onto the server for it to work.
- No database is needed unless you are going for MySQL installation.
- PHP 5.2+
- curl PHP module
- mcrypt PHP module
- mod_rewrite apache module
- Your server must be able to access Twitter.com
- Rename config.sample.php to config.php
- Change ENCRYPTION_KEY in config.php to a random string of gibberish, maximum 52 characters.
- Paste your twitter Consumer key in OAUTH_CONSUMER_KEY and Consumer Secret in OAUTH_CONSUMER_SECRET. Go to http://dev.twitter.com to get your Consumer key and consumer secret.
- BASE_URL is worked out automatically, but can be hard coded if you prefer.
- TWITPIC_API_KEY and FLICKR_API_KEY are optional. If filled in, it enables Twitpic Flickr thumbnails. You can get the Twitpic API key from http://dev.twitpic.com
Kannada-twitter should now be up and running. There’s no other configuration to do.
Follow these topics Blog, Technology