This plugin shows Tiny URL for each of your blog posts after post content. Tiny URLs are great for sharing your posts on micro-blogging sites like twitter, identi.ca etc., This plugin sends the URL of current post or page to TinyURL.com and gets a Tiny URL for the same. Then it shows that Tiny URL after post content. User can just click on the box to select URL, or click on Copy button to Copy the Tiny URL to clipboard. You can also show Tiny URL for pages by selecting Show Tiny URL on pages option in plugin settings page.
Demo: See demo of this plugin here – Tiny URL WordPress plugin demo
Support: Please post your support questions at Tiny URL plugin support forum
Visit this page for more WordPress Plugins from the developer.
Latest version: Download Tiny URL v1.3.4 [zip]
- Upload the
tiny-urlfolder to the
- Activate the Tiny URL plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Plugin will automatically add Tiny URLs for blog posts
Q. Does it show Tiny URLs for pages as well?
A. Yes, it does. But, you need to enable this feature on Tiny URL plugin options page.
Q. Copy button is not showing up next to Tiny URL. Why?
A. Make sure you’ve selected Show Copy URL button in Tiny URL options.
Q. Copy URL to clipboard is not working
A. This function requires flash. Make sure the flash player is installed in your system
Plugin showing Tiny URL for a blog post
Tiny URL with Copy button
Tiny URL options page
- Enqueue ZeroClipboard js files only if the copy to clipboard option is enabled.
- Moved inline jQuery script to a new file
- Fixed an XSS vulnerability caused by an older version of the ZeroClipboard. Updated ZeroClipboard.swf and ZeroClipboard.js.
- Correctly enqueue the minified version of ZeroClipboard.js
- Security update: Validate input for Copy button text
onClick="this.focus(); this.select();"to select Tiny URL on mouse click.
- Added option to copy URL to clipboard with a single mouse click
- Code enhancements
- Fixed the issue of select Tiny URL script not being loaded on pages when Tiny URL is enabled for pages.
- Added option to show Tiny URL for pages as well. This will be disabled by default. User has to enable this on plugin settings page
- Added option to change Tiny URL title (Tiny URL for this post:). You can change this in Tiny URL options page on WP-Admin
- Initial public release.