Twiget Twitter Widget lets you display your latest twitter status updates in any of the widgetized areas. Just add the Twiget Twitter Widget to your sidebar or any of the widget areas and enter your twitter username. It will display your latest tweets along with a follow @username button to make it easier for people to follow you! You can configure widget title, twitter username, number of tweets to display, link target etc, in the widget configuration.
- Twitter API 1.1 support
- Twitter requests caching with auto-optimised duration for performance
- AJAX-based so your site’s load time is not affected by Twitter’s server
- Multiple instances of widget
- Option to change widget title
- Option to change number of tweets to display
- Option to show followers count, profile picture, and Twitter bio
- Option to show twitter client used. Eg: via Twitter for Android
- Option to open links in a new window
- Option to hide @replies
- Linkified @usernames and #hashtags
Translation: If you want to translate this plugin to your language, please find the twiget.pot file in /languages/ folder.
Demo: See demo of this plugin here. It is the second item in the sidebar.
Support: Please post your support questions at Twiget Twitter Widget plugin support forum.
Visit this page for more WordPress Plugins by the developer.
This plugin uses Abraham’s [twitteroauth library] (https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth/).
Latest version: Download TwiGet Twitter Widget v1.1.3 [zip]
twigetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings –> Twiget Settings and enter your twitter username, number of tweets to show and Twitter API Credentials
- Go to Appearance –> Widgets and add Twiget Twitter Widget to any of the widgetized areas
Twiget Twitter Widget with profile picture and Bio in Graphene Theme
Twiget Twitter Widget without profile picture and Bio in twentytwelve theme
Twiget Twitter Plugin Settings
Twiget Twitter Widget configuration
- Added option to override automatic requests cache period
- Fixed invalid CSS media type.
- Fixed links being displayed in next line with some themes.
- Fixed a markup error. Thanks mrstu84 for reporting the issue.
- Made the plugin compatible with Twitter API 1.1
- Added option to show profile picture, Twitter Bio and twitter client used.
- Added automatic requests caching
- Initial public release.